We are looking for a software developer to join our busy development team, primarily coding in C++.
You will join a small but focused team of developers in designing, implementing and maintaining the APIs behind a rapidly evolving web-based application. We work in an agile environment. TDD/BDD, Continuous Integration and Delivery are all concepts we increasingly incorporate into our development cycle. We encourage discussion of new ideas and alternative approaches to solve problems, and allow individuals the flexibility to work to their interests and strengths.
The product is run in a Linux cluster environment, developed in C++ using a MySQL database with supporting tools in Python. The team appreciates high-quality code and the processes and skills required to maintain it.
You will have relevant commercial experience and a high level of C++ (C++11/14 and the STL). In addition, you will have:
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- An analytical, problem-solving mind-set.
- Are open to working in an agile environment (scrums, code reviews)
- Some remote working or part-time working may also be considered
Skills & Experience
- Awareness of common security issues in web applications
- Understanding of the challenges of designing a good API
- Experience of Python
- Comfortable working with MySQL and/or other data storage technologies (Redis, Swift)
- Knowledge of messaging technologies such as Apache Kafka
- Appreciate devOps tools and processes and look to integrate them into your working environment (CI, jenkins)
What we give you
Here at Transversal we believe our employees are our greatest asset. A fully inclusive range of benefits along with fabulous product offerings means that our employees are committed, driven and they ultimately benefit from a successful and rewarding career. Needless to say, training and development is high on our agenda.
Work life balance is very important to us so we have a range of holiday benefits, including the ability to buy, sell or roll holiday over and above the starting allowance. Our range of family friendly benefits include flexible working, childcare vouchers, enhanced maternity and paternity packages as well as company funded events for employees and families alike.
The all-important financials are taken care of with competitive salaries, income protection, pension contributions, cycle to work scheme and discount on train travel. Depending upon how awesome you are, you may also qualify for attractive bonus/commission plans and even stock options.
All awesome people need feeding and we take care of this by supplying a wide range of breakfast goods, fruit, teas and coffees, soft drinks, jams and spreads; not to mention monthly Pizza Tuesday ……..
Transversal is a Cambridge-based developer of knowledge automation software for clients such as Barclays, Mothercare, John Lewis, Utility Warehouse and BMW.