R&D Python Developer
Transversal are recruiting a Python developer to join our Research and Development team. We want someone who can help us to take innovative ideas - whether they're elegant machine-learning techniques or simple-but-effective hacks - and turn them into shippable features that will deliver real value to our end users.
The R&D Python Developer will work within the Research team on all stages of a feature's life cycle. The team's responsibilities include:
- Understanding the problems that we're trying to solve, both by talking to customer-facing teams and by analyzing actual usage data.
- Identifying the most appropriate techniques - from the very simple to the very sophisticated - to apply in any given situation.
- Developing these techniques into effective solutions.
- Delivering usable features, either via self-contained web apps for internal use or via microservices to be used by the product front-end.
- Maintaining and improving existing solutions, adding new behaviour or improving reliability and scalability.
Skills & Experience
We need someone with:
- Experience writing and maintaining complex projects.
- Commitment to writing the best possible Python code.
- The ability to take the lead on projects, thinking about work in the context of user experience and business value.
Ideally, we'd like someone with:
- Experience of working on web back-end code, microservices or distributed systems.
- Some mathematical background, particularly familiarity with basic probability and linear algebra.
We need someone who's able to learn to use any components of our technology stack that they aren't already familiar with a minimum of fuss; this currently includes Flask, MongoDB, Numpy, Linux and Git, but readiness to learn is more important than expertise with any specific technology
Here at Transversal we believe our employees are our greatest asset. A fully inclusive range of benefits along with fabulous product offerings means that our employees are committed, driven and they ultimately benefit from a successful and rewarding career. Needless to say, training and development is high on our agenda.
Work life balance is very important to us so we have a range of holiday benefits, including the ability to buy, sell or roll holiday over and above the starting allowance. Our range of family friendly benefits include flexible working, childcare vouchers, enhanced maternity and paternity packages as well as company funded events for employees and families alike.
The all-important financials are taken care of with competitive salaries, income protection, pension contributions, cycle to work scheme and discount on train travel. Depending upon how awesome you are, you may also qualify for attractive bonus/commission plans and even stock options.
All awesome people need feeding and we take care of this by supplying a wide range of breakfast goods, fruit, teas and coffees, soft drinks, jams and spreads; not to mention monthly Pizza Tuesday ……..
Transversal is a Cambridge-based developer of knowledge automation software for clients such as Barclays, Mothercare, John Lewis, Utility Warehouse and the BBC.